The Fairwinds Community Association is calling for new resident members to help us in our mission to be a voice for our neighbours on significant issues that affect the quality of life in the Fairwinds community.
In only our first year of existence…
- We have advocated for a public high school for Stittsville, helped move that goal a bit closer to fruition, and are keeping up the fight for funding from the Province.
- We have been a liaison between various entities like Mattamy Homes and the City of Ottawa to provide residents with updated information about traffic issues, construction projects, and future development in our community. A couple of the issues we’ve worked on include the road realignment on Huntmar (south of the traffic circle), and the bridge construction and park landscaping off of Brigatine.
- Most recently, we took a stand on behalf of those of our residents who use and support public transportation against the City’s unfortunate decision to delay the expansion of rapid transit between Stittsville and the downtown core, and we will continue to do so for this issue as well as other concerns affecting our residents.
- In addition to the above, our future goals include the implementation a Neighbourhood Watch program for Fairwinds and the introduction of regular social events to welcome new residents and bring neighbours closer together in our growing community.
We need a strong membership base in order to deliver fair and effective representation for our residents. You can stay up to date on the association and issues in our community by connecting with us in a number of ways:
- Bookmark our website at http://www.fairwindscommunity.
com/ for the latest updates.
- Sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- “Like” our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/
- Follow us on Twitter at @fairwindsca
Please stay tuned for news about our Annual General Meeting and Election to be held on Monday, February 10.
We welcome your questions and concerns. Please visit our contact us page to get in touch.