Here is some additional info about the Annual General Meeting on February 10. If you have any additional questions, please send a note to email@example.com
1. When and where is the meeting?
Date & time: Monday, February 10, 2014 at 7:30pm
Location: The upstairs community hall at the Johnny Leroux Arena, 10 Warner-Colpitts Lane, off Stittsville Main Street. (map)
2. Who can attend?
Everyone is welcome to attend. To run or vote in our election, you need to be a member in good standing of the Fairwinds Community Association (see below).
3. What’s on the agenda?
We’ll have reports from the president and treasurer, voting for positions on our executive board, a short presentation from City Councillor Shad Quadri, and an open discussion about Fairwinds community issues. Click here for a full agenda (PDF file)
4. What positions are you voting on?
We’ll be voting on these positions:
- President (1 year position)
- Vice-President (2 year position)
- Treasurer (2 year position)
- Four Directors-at-Large (1- and 2-year positions)
(Directors assist with various aspects of FCA work. They may chair subcommittees, attend meetings and/or be contact persons for specific groups within the community.Areas of interest can include: Communications, Community Concerns, Special Events, Planning and Development, Transportation, Environment, Fundraising, Membership, etc.)
5. Who can run? And who can vote?
- Membership is open any resident of Fairwinds, 18 years of age or older, and any person who owns or manages a business within the FCA boundary.
- A membership fee of $5/year applies for each member.
- Members are entitled to vote and/or serve on the Executive Committee
- More info and membership form…
6. How will voting work?
We’ll take nominations at the meeting for each of the positions. Voting will be broken into two parts:
1. President, Vice-President and Treasruer
7. How much of a time commitment is it to join the executive committee?
We meet once every month (usually the second Wednesday of each month) for about two hours to discuss issues in the community. We also volunteer for special projects throughout the year. Time commitment depdends on what activities you want to be involved in.
8. Can I help in any other way?
Yes! Tell your neighbours and friends about the meeting and invite them to attend. We want to get as many people as possible involved in our community association.
9. How can I get updates on what the community association is doing?
We update this web site regularly with info and updates about what we’re up to. You can also sign up to our monthly email newsletter.
Any other questions or concerns?
Please email Glen Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org.